MIL-SPEC MULTIFUNCTIONAL THERMAL IMAGING MINI MONOCULAR
Armasight is proud to introduce the Q14 Long-wave Infrared Multifunctional Thermal Imaging Monocular (LIMTIM) representing the latest evolution in our never-ceasing quest to reduce size, weight, and power (SWaP) while maximizing the number of available features and functions. The LIMTIM′s remarkably compact size ensures that it can be concealed in a shirt pocket, and its featherweight mass at 240g (with battery) makes it the lightest, fully multi-functional thermal imager currently on the market. The LIMTIM has a wide range of features incorporated into the unit that put it at the forefront of all other miniature thermal imagers in its class. It can be equipped with either a visible or near-IR laser pointer, intended for handing off targets of interest to non-thermal equipped assets in the field. It has two integral rail mounts so that it is not necessary to disengage the head/ helmet mount interface in order to mount the unit on a weapon as a stand-alone short-range weapon sight. The mini-rail design allows for mounting on a wide variety of in-service head mounts, helmet mounts, reflex cameras, digital video recorders, and a MIL-STD-1913 weapon rail systems using the optional quick-release interfaces. The mini-rails are non-invasive, making handheld operation comfortable and ergonomically optimized for the operator′s hands, whether or not they′re wearing NOMEX gloves. Equipped with digital compass and inclinometer, the Q14 LIMTIM offers the operator the tools necessary to interpolate accurate distance to target and target orientation.
An additional Armasight proprietary hyper-image processing (HIP) code provides the LIMTIM with a robust library of software features to tailor the image to the optimum standards required by the operator. These features include direct button functions such as display brightness, palette selection, electronic zoom, and manual, non-uniformity correction (NUC) using a simple, intuitive three-button keypad. Menu driven features incorporate desirable operator-specific adjustments such as palette selection, reticule selection and color, weapon boresight, scene-related imaging corrections, stored rifle caliber profiles, format selection, compass calibration sequence, and a factory settings default option. The wireless remote capability and Bluetooth features prevent the Q14 LIMTIM from becoming obsolete, even as new applications and software reach the market. The nine-pin connector on the Q14 reveals the dynamic nature of this mite-sized powerhouse. Through the multi-pin connector, the operator can record video using the Armasight Digital Video Recorder (DVR), augment the battery life by attaching to external battery options, inject target range data from an externally mounted Armasight laser rangefinder and update/ upload new software revision and applications from personal accounts associated with the Armasight customer access web sites.
The Q14 LIMTIM is designed from inception to be waterproof up to 20 meters, and meet all the established environmental requirements of MIL-STD-810(G).
Operating off a variety of 123A format commercial expendable and rechargeable batteries, the Q14 LIMTIM offers a respectable 1+ hours run time for the 640x512 focal plane array format. With a diopter range of -5 to +5 diopters and a focus range of 20cm to infinity, the LIMTIM demonstrates its operational flexibility for all mission applications.
- 24/7 Operation in presence of environmental obscurants (smoke, dust, haze, fog)
- Weight 240g
- waterproof glass fiber reinforced construction
- FLIR Quark VOx Microbolometer in 640 and 336 options
- Fast F1:1 19mm front Germanium lens
- 800x600 Organic LED display
- Drop-down menu and icon based menu
- Simple, intuitive 3-button control
- Polarity control (black hot/ white hot)
- Color & monochrome palettes
- Digital Zoom up to 8x
- Digital Detail Enhancement™
- Active Contrast Enhancement™
- Smart Scene Optimization™
- Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™
- Integrated Digital Compass
- Integrated Laser Pointer
- Integrated Digital Inclinometer
- NTSC/PAL field switchable video output
- Easy adaptability to wide selection of head, helmet, and weapon mounts with QuickRail/ Dove Tail/ Bayonet interfaces (i.e. Armasight, Wilcox, Norotos, Cadex)
- Fast time to image ( < 3 sec)
- One CR123A battery operation
- Made in the USA
ARMASIGHT Q14 IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING MODELS:
- Q14 TIMM 336 (30Hz) Thermal Imaging Multipurpose Monocular, FLIR Quark 2 - 336x256 (17μm) 30Hz Core, 19mm Lens
- Q14 TIMM 640 (30Hz) Thermal Imaging Multipurpose Monocular, FLIR Quark 2 - 640x512 (17μm) 30Hz Core, 19mm Lens