This product is controlled for export under US Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) 6A993. It can be exported under ECCN 6A993, NLR (No License Required) to all countries except embargoed (Country Group E:1) and terrorist supporting countries, unless otherwise prohibited. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Armasight by FLIR Prometheus-C is the latest and most technologically advanced Thermal Imaging monocular to enter the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets.
The Prometheus-C is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and night engagements. The Prometheus-C is based on the FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core. The thermal imaging technology allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. The Prometheus-C demonstrates its operational flexibility for all mission applications.
An additional Armasight proprietary hyper-image processing (HIP) code provides the Prometheus-C with a robust library of software features to tailor the image to the optimum standards required by the operator. The nine-pin connector on the Prometheus-C reveals the dynamic nature of this mite-sized powerhouse. Through the multi-pin connector, the operator can record video using the Armasight Digital Video Recorder (DVR) or augment the battery life by attaching to external battery options.
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Prometheus-C models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Prometheus-C models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- Rugged, glass fiber reinforced construction
- FLIR TAU-2 17μm pitch thermal sensor
- Fast F1:1 front Germanium lens
- 640x480 color LED display
- Easy and intuitive drop-down user interface
- Simple 3-button control
- Polarity control (black hot/ white hot)
- Color & monochrome palettes
- Digital zoom up to 4x Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools:
- Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
- Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
|Refresh Rate||30 Hz|
|Objective Lens Type||Germanium|
|Type of Focal Plane Array||FLIR Tau 2|
|Pixel Array Format||336×256|
|Pixel Size||17 µm|
|Display Type||LED VGA|
|Pixel Display Format||640×480|
|Turn-on Time, max||3 sec|
|Digital Zoom||1x, 2x, and 4x|
|Image Palettes||White Hot, Black Hot, Varios Color modes|
|Analog Input and Output Format (resolution)||PAL/ NTSC (640×480 pixels)|
|Video Recording||Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot|
|SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:|
|Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”||Yes|
|Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”||Yes|
|Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”||Yes|
|Automatic Gain Control (AGC)||Yes|
|User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)||Yes|
|Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)||Yes|
|Objective Focal Length||25 mm|
|Field of View (ang.)||13° x 10°|
|Focusing Range||0.25m to inf.|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||±5 diopter|
|Battery||Two CR123A 3V Lithium|
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)||Up to 4 hr|
|Extended Battery Pack||Optional (operational time up to 7 hr)|
|External Power Supply||6 VDC/ 600mА|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +50°C (-40°F to +122°F)|
|Overall Dimensions||150 × 90 × 52 mm (5.9 × 3.5 × 2.0 in)|
|Weight (w/o Batteries)||0.4 kg (0.88 lbs)|
|Warranty on FLIR detector||10 Years|
|* All data subject to change without notice.|